Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Basement is FINISHED!!!!

For the past 7 months Jeff and I have been working hard to finish our basement. On January 16th we finally finished our basement. We took our time and worked on the basement here and there on a weekend or two. Then in October we got serious about finishing the basement because our kids were starting to keep each other up at night. So we started working on the basement constantly on the weekend from that point on.

We mostly did all of the work ourselves. We hired out the plumbing because it would have taken forever for us to chisel into the concrete to move the drain for a shower, the toilet and as some of you might remember to add in one for our washer that we moved into my craft room. The drywall and mudding was also hired out because Jeff had tried to do some in his room before and he didn't like how it turned out. We also hired out the carpet laying. We ended up finding a really good deal on carpet and the labor at Factory Flooring Direct that is located here in Tooele County.

The drywall was completed on the Monday before Christmas and from then on all of the spare time that I had was spent on painting the basement. I had some fun painting, but by the end of the 3 weeks I never wanted to see a paint brush again.

We are all really happy with the results of our basement. I love the colors that were chosen by the kids and Jeff and I. My two favorite parts are the cabinets in the bathroom, that were made by our wonderful neighbor Tim whose family has a cabinetry business called Canyon Craft Cabinets, and the carpet. The carpet is really soft and comfortable. We now spend a lot of time in our basement because the whole family loves being down there.

This whole experience has been good. Now I want to finish my craft room and we have a lot of ideas on renovating our upstairs.

Here is the scrapbook page I made for the reveal:

No comments: