Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Mister K

I know I didn't come back the next day, but at least this is better than a year later. 

So I thought I would start the with the update on my children and have a post for each one. It is extremely tempting to start with the house, but that can wait for now. 

So I am going to start with Kaden, or as some may know him as Mr. K. Kaden turned 4 at the end of August the same weekend that we moved into the apartment. He is very fun to have around. He loves trains and cars and will either be playing with his cars or his trains at the apartment. I personally like him playing with his cars more because it doesn't take up as much space. The last time that I posted a real post he wasn't even two. So let's start there. I have taken a few photos with my ipad of him and I will post those now. Kaden has been my buddy for the most part during the school year. He loves to hang out with his mommy and I feel that I finally have a child that won't be overtaken by Jeff when he gets older, but we will see. We have had many trips together into Salt Lake with just us two and I even remember once going and test driving a car with just him. 

In November of 2012, the Sunday before Thanksgiving we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa VanShaar and we hear a fall from the front room and Kaden screaming that he hurt. As I walked, raced really, into the room to see if I could quiet him down because Jeff and his parent's were on the phone with Jeff's brother in Washington I knew that this was not just a minor injury. He was screaming at the top of his lungs over and over again and me hugging him didn't have him stop, still works today by the way. So Jeff came in to try to help and we thought that it was bad and we should take him to the emergency room. We buckled him in and he continued to scream in pain, but I was able to get him down to a small whimper by the time we got to the emergency room. To sum up the emergency room visit, we waited awhile to be seen, got an x-ray of his arm that he pointed to whenever asks what hurts, that found nothing and was sent home with a he probably sprained it.

We went back to our normal routine, the next day he fell off a chair and started to scream in pain again. He hardly used his one arm and every time that we picked him up he would be in pain. On Wednesday before we were heading up to my parent's for Thanksgiving Jeff and I decided to take him into InstaCare to see if they could figure out what was wrong, because he wasn't getting better and in fact seemed to be getting worse. This time they x-rayed his shoulder too and found that he had a broken collar bone. The break was clean h\through the bone and to tell you the truth it looked horrible. The suggested that we try not to move that arm/shoulder and we went up to see my family for Thanksgiving and told everyone to try not to pick him up too much because it had to be done in a special way as to not hurt him. 

That Monday that we returned I was able to get him in to see an orthopedic surgeon after getting scared by my cousin that it wouldn't heal correctly and he would probably need surgery. After talking to the doctor, that was not the case. Kaden just needed a brace and in the picture below you can see a picture that I took of him in his brace to hold his collar bone in the right place so it could heal correctly. We still had to be careful when picking him up, but he started to feel better because it kept him from using moving his collar bone too much. The brace was off before the end of the year and he was back to his normal happy self. As you can see from the next picture that was taken on Dec 30th.


It is fun to go over pictures when kids are younger to get a sense of how much they have grown. Kaden doesn't have that chubby of cheeks anymore. I miss those cheeks. 

In December of 2013, I put Kaden into an all day preschool so that I could go and officiate High School basketball games at 3:30 without scrambling to find a babysitter. Kaden didn't really like it at first, but he eventually stopped crying when I left him there. He never really liked being dropped off and complained but he stopped crying and that was good enough for me. He got to play with different toys, got meals and treats (not sure if he ate them, because he is such a picky eater), but always loved to be picked up. I liked being able to get things done around the house before heading to basketball without him trying to pull me away from everything. He also starting to learn more of his letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. 

When we moved to Herriman we had to find him another all-day preschool and since he didn't really love to go to his other one, I was determined to find one that was in someone's home. I ended up finding a lady that is wonderful. Kaden did have a hard time at the beginning, but I think it was mostly because it was new and different, but now he loves to go, except when his brother's are off track. He never cries anymore when we get to her door, in fact his new thing now is that he tries to beat Aiden, another boy there. It is fun to see how he has grown. She is also wonderful because she has started to introduce Kaden to different foods and she gets him to actually eat them. It is wonderful. Jeff and I have actually started to take some of the same things that she does and now Kaden is eating a lot better. 

We love having Kaden in our family and he loves all of us too. He makes us laugh with some of the things that he says. Sometimes he is a handful, but what child isn't. 



No comments: