Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Toy

For christmas I was able to buy Photoshop Elements for around $75. I tried to work with it before and found that I did not know how to enhance photos to really do the job that I wanted so last month I finally bought a book that helps teach you how to enhance your photos for professionals. I sat down today and went through the book and tried a couple of things.

Here are some of the results:
This is the first picture that I did. I got rid of the color and than added a Burned in Edge effect (vignette). I think that it turned out okay, but not my favorite I like the original photo better.

Next, I wanted to try the enhancing a photo by getting rid of the color except for one thing. So I tried it with this flower and it looks good and I really like this effect oh photos.

This is my favorite photo that I have edited so far. I highlighted the rose and then I changed the background to a duotone, and then I added the Burned-in edge effect. I really think it makes the flower pop. I really like how this photo looks and if I can get out to the Salt Lake Temple this Spring when the flowers are in full bloom I will take more photos of flowers and make a whole collage of pictures like this.

Overall, I love the new program especially now since I have a way to make things go a little differently than I thought would be possible. I am also trying to make something where I am going to cut and paste photos families together to make one collage of all of Jeff's brothers. It is hard to get everyone together to get a family photo. The last one that was done was at my wedding, so it is really out of date.

No comments: