Well, I was sitting at my computer filling out a survey from Dallin's school and I got bored with that (I thought I would be done with these when I graduated from college) so I decided that I would post some of the things that have happened.
Dallin has been doing really good at school. I took a book about time and money to church on sunday for him to do during sacrament meeting. He was doing all of the problems by himself without that much help from myself. Dallin has also started to draw picutres of robots and other things and then once then are drawn he then uses the paper to play with them. He is a wonderful boy and he getting out of the 'I rule the house' attitude, which is much to Jeff's and mine delight.
Isaac has been playing hard and watching movies. He loves to watch movies, he would watch them all day if I would let him (to tell you the truth some days I do) He definetely has my love to sit and watch movies. Isaac is right now learning how to write his letters. He is a master at tracing them in the books that I give him, but I need to bring up his confidence with writing the letters without tracing. We will get there eventually. He knows all of his letters and he can count to 10. I know what some of you are saying, he is 4 that is not that big of an accomplishment, but I am very proud to say that he has learned them and that I have taught him some stuff. I do not have that much confidence in teaching especially to my children, but I am trying to change that and Isaac is a wonderful student.
Jeff has been spending a lot of his time lately finishing a room in our basement for his computer. He got tired of coming to work on his computer and me following him and then turning on the TV, because I like to have noice when I am anywhere. So we stretched the budget over the last 5 months and Jeff was able to finish his room, with a little help from me. I think he likes to have a space that I am not trying to take over to decorate.
I have been using the last little bit of this time to just contemplate my life. Mostly I have been doing this because I am pregnant and don't really feel like getting off of the couch, but I feel that I am just not doing what I really want to do. I was able to go and do scoring for basketball, but I let it get to my head a little bit this year and so I need to take a step back, yes I am good at keeping score and I do know a lot of the rules of basketball, but that doesn't mean I know it all. There is a lot that I don't know. Also, my drive for making crafts kind of died and that leaves me with a feeling of what do I do with my life now. I do love to read, but the books that I am finding out I don't really like, but I keep reading them because that is just who I am. But it makes me think of what I really need to be doing. Mind you it could just be all of the hormones from being pregnant have completely changed my outlook on life, but I am not really sure if that is it. It will take some real reflecting on my life before I really know.
One other thing that I would like to say at the end of this post. This week some things happened that made me start to think about how I feel about our country. I would like to say that I don't really agree with a lot of the things that are in the health care plan, but I do believe that the bad outweigh the good with the plan. I believe that our government should help individuals that cannot afford to pay for things in there life. Health insurance included. I also think that since we live in a place where the people choice who makes the laws that the people should help pay for these things. I know that we have to make sure that we don't let congress get out of hand, but it is our country and we should try to help those that cannot help themselves for what ever reason. There that is all that I will say on the matter.
3 comments:
Congrats on the pregnancy.
Congratulations Diane! When are you due?
Congratulations on the pregnancy. We're excited for you. Are you feeling o.k.? I finally found your blog. Mom V said you had one, but I always forgot to get your address. It's fun to see what you're up to.
Post a Comment